Spring Inspired Low FODMAP Morning Smoothie
This low FODMAP spring-inspired smoothie is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients that are beneficial for your health. The combination of fresh or frozen strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple chunks provides a variety of vitamins and antioxidants that can help boost your immune system, promote healthy skin, and reduce inflammation.
Moreover, the smoothie contains lactose-free yogurt, which is a great source of protein, calcium, and probiotics that can help improve your gut health. The unsweetened almond milk adds a creamy texture to the smoothie without adding extra calories, making it a great dairy-free alternative.
Additionally, this smoothie is low FODMAP, meaning it contains low amounts of fermentable carbohydrates that can cause digestive issues in some people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Therefore, if you have a sensitive stomach or suffer from IBS, this smoothie is a great option that won't cause any bloating, gas, or discomfort.
Overall, this smoothie is not only a refreshing drink for a spring day but also a healthy and nutritious option that can support your well-being.
Here's a delicious low FODMAP spring-inspired smoothie recipe that you can try:
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup lactose-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop of Better Blends Low FODMAP Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- A few ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a bit more almond milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as needed with the maple syrup.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
This smoothie is packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and the combination of sweet fruits and tangy yogurt makes it the perfect refreshing drink for a spring day. Plus, it's low FODMAP, which means it's easy on the stomach and won't cause any digestive issues.